Sunday, December 05, 2004

i am not that important for text messaging

In the past few weeks, a few friends of mine have been inviting me to join a free text messaging service for mobile phones. I thank them for the offer, but I am declining it for the time being because, well, I am not that important for text messaging. Text messaging means you're important and too busy to talk to people but not busy enough to write to them. Furthermore, I don't want to bother someone by text messaging as I am seeing it as something more impersonal; if you have a phone, you call them.

Speaking of phones, I have abandon my cell phone because it has become more of a piece of art rather than a tool of utility. The only way I am going to get a new cell phone is that they either have a cell phone ring that sounds like the "Aquaman Telepathic Sound" from the Superfriends cartoon or a cell phone ring that sounds like a rotary telephone ring.

Besides, technology doesn't age well, and this service will be obselete in a few years.

No comments: