Monday, October 03, 2005

squeak...

Earlier tonight I saw a mouse run into my room. Usually I wouldn't give a shit but I have very large comic book collection in which I do not want damage in any sort of way. So my first instinct was to find it and kill it (yes, kill it). At first glance, it looked like it ran into the closet so I quick and removed as much stuff I could in a quiet manner as my parents were sleeping in the next room. I found two boxes that were in my closet that had nothing in them, which for some reason pissed me off because I'm someone who doesn't like wasted space. I couldn't see the mouse anywhere in my closet, then I waited a bit just to hear if it moved somewhere else in my room. It was under my legal bookcase cabinet. I quickly moved everything that was in front of the case to on top of the bed. Again, I waited for any new sounds. It was back in the closet, but stupid ass me put most of the item on the floor in my closet back.

So right now, my door is open, my floor is covered with dust bunnies, and I'm gotten paranoid enough to consider sleeping in the living room because I have four comic book long boxes on my bed, and I don't want the comics to get damaged. However, I'm waiting for the mouse to leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've got a whole generation of mice living in our house. Wait until they chew your internet cables and piss in your hard-drive...

At least they can read comics while they're at it.

Chloe said...

Try Cheez-Whiz on some Ritz crackers. That should lure the little bugger out of the closet.