Friday, March 25, 2005

Compassivity is not a word and here are the coles notes for the last eight days...

Friday, March 18 - I went to a bar in Strathroy that I haven't gone to since the late 90's to hear some old friends play cover tunes. In short, I found out the bar went from low class dive or "The Embassy" style to high class dive or "The Old Vic" style (If you're from London, Ontario, you would know what I am talking about). I also took the time to check out Johnny #16's first VJ show he had over at the Artlab at UWO. I gotta say that analog video mixing boards that refuse to work with DVD Players are cool.

Saturday, March 19 - The 2005 UWO Film Festival and Cinema Subterrain were going on roughly at the same time, while I have seen most of the Cinema Subterrain's March screening of "Forgotten Heroes: A Screening of Super Hero TV Pilots and Movies That Never Saw The Light of Day", I opted to see the student films. This year's selection was pretty good... the "High School Poetry on Video" films were very low, the filmmakers that were known for "All Style - No Substance" had substance, and none of the movies had radiohead music in them. The Festival started at 6pm and finished before 9pm, so it gave me enough time to have a beer with Commander Risk & Lady Goldie and the filmmaker that won grand prize. Then I went to Cinema Subterrain, to find out it was overpacked (The Fanboys outnumbered the Cool Geeks). When Cinema Subterrain was done, I headed to the After party for the Film Festival....

Sunday, March 20 - I drank 2/3rds of a bottle of Screech (Newfoumdland/Jamaican Rum)... Straight... between 12:15am and I think 3am... there is video footage of me dancing to Beastie Boys "Sabotage"... I licked someone's face... some kissed me on the cheek... I think... and I vomitted out of a second storey window onto a sidewalk... other things happened as well, but I can't recall everything.

I passed out on the couch...

I woke up in the morning therefore losing my Darwin Award which I try to nominate myself for, drove to the place Lady Goldie crashed at saying she needed the ride earlier that morning during the screech time, to opting for the bus instead (which I thank her for that now). Headed to Johnny #16 place so we could drop off Movie Theatre in a Bag north of town as he lived in the south... realized that:
1) I had the 1st cousin of all hangovers, not too far from the Mother of all Hangovers...
2) The Downtown London Ontario Potholes are more noticeable with a hangover...

I Drove home and tried to recover, but didn't eat properly until...

Monday, March 21 - still recovering from Sunday, and realizing that i needed to move around so I drove to Petrolia for kicks... I didn't know the town had an Antiques Row that wasn't open until Wednesday. but the bright side to the day was finding the song from that Discofinska/Finnish Disco Lesson video I found online on iTunes Music Store Canada. The song: "Moskau"; the band: Dschinghis Khan; a German Pop/Disco band from the late1970's.

Tuesday, March 22 still recovering from Sunday... this time found Boney M.'s Rasputin (by other means other than iTunes)... was going on a "Russian Music not done by Russians" mood I guess...

Wednesday, March 23 - Tattoo Gill, The man who had the blog Brain Medicine closed it down and started This Blog Has Chlamydia. I asked if him if he planned to close down this blog, I wanted to take it over because I love the name and wished I thought of it first.

Thursday, March 24 - Went to Petrolia, found the Petrolia Flea market, and almost lost it. It was kind of like the Crossroads Flea Market in Brantford, but messier and Betamax video tapes replacing the Video Discs.

Friday, March 25 - Catching up on lots of things... music listening, comic book reading, sleeping, and blog writing... and I finally realized that iTunes Music Store makes me want to by more CDs.

Here are some of the CD purchases in the last few days:
The Beta Band - The Three E.P.'s
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Guitar Wolf - Planet of the Wolves
Various Artists - If I Were a Carpenter (Pre-mainstream Bands doing The Carpenters covers)

Three of those CDs I bought I had one song from iTunes Music Store... and all of it is good.

Well, I'm caught up.

No comments: