Thursday, March 10, 2005

I got so excited, I almost squealed with glee...

Last night, I was talking to a friend on comics and kids shows we remember when we were younger (even though there is a seven year difference between us) particularly the children's programming for TV Ontario (a Provincial Education Station... kind of like PBS). Anyways, when I got home, I got thinking, if someone else was a fan of these shows, there's going to be websites on them.

I first went on Google and started with just single shows like "Jeremy" and "Hippoworks" in which I couldn't find much. Then I slightly change the name of one of the shows from "Jeremy" to "Jeremy the Bear"... childhood memory jackpot. As usual, TV shows change their name when they are in different countries: It was only "Jeremy the Bear" in Canada (English speaking Canada to exact), but "Barnaby the Bear" in the UK, and "Colargol" in continential Europe.

Next, instead of the name of the show itself, I went for a lyric of a show "in the green forest", because, well honestly I couldn't remember the name of the show... this is where the almost squeal came in.

Classic TVO Kids Shows
TVO Kids Shows

When I found all this, it was after midnight. My friends that would know all this stuff (particularily Chemical Aimee, and Johnny #16) were sleeping or working, so I waited until this morning show to tell them.

They didn't have the same reaction as me, but it was close.

No comments: